This module aims to introduce Supervisors to effective ways they can lead and influence their team.
- How you can personally identify your own competence and development needs to develop appropriate strategies to meet them.
- Understand and apply the concept of emotional intelligence.
- Employment legislation and its impact on work planning, recruitment and selection.
- The application of leadership styles and team performance dynamics; gaining influence, commitment and credibility with your own team.
- Negotiation skills to help reduce resistance and mediate conflict situations in a positive manner.
- The role of formal appraisal systems and how to set SMART objectives.
- Effectively delegating to maximise potential within team.
- Taking the personal fear out of decision making techniques.