This module aims to introduce Supervisors to the practical tools used to lead a team including planning, appraisal, development and reporting.
- Preparation of written and verbal reports.
- Using different styles of communication appropriate to business needs.
- Training needs analysis and effective job instruction techniques.
- Introduction to coaching as a tool to motivate and maximise individual potential within the team.
- Able to conduct job instruction in the workplace and to review the effectiveness of any training both to the individual and the team as a whole.
- Able to present information effectively during tool box talks and other situations, and how to deal with multi cultural audiences.
- Prevention of conflict with subordinates when it occurs.
- Understanding when and how to negotiate to obtain win- win results.
- When and how to use different types of appraisals to positively influence personal development.
- Handling personal emotion and managing disagreements.