As well as an awareness of basic knowledge and skills, the course is designed to help individuals understand their changed relationship with their team as they becoming more confident in their new supervisory role.
- For new and experienced Chargehands with little or no previous training. Those with temporary duties (e.g. during periods of shutdowns/outages) will also benefit.
- How to lead the work of others and how to manage their colleagues and projects in an engineering construction industry environment.
- Supervisory responsibility of team & task; communication and feedback skills.
- Basic assertiveness; working safely; planning and performance monitoring & basic employment law and procedures - the knowledge you need to know to accomplish you new role successfully.
- Introduction to team development, coaching and building your team.