Managing self, others and resources. Effective communication, health, safety and essential employment law.
• Understand the difference between leadership and management and how these may be applied in the workplace.
• Able to interpret which situations require various leadership styles and when it is best to apply such styles.
• Recognise the need for, and apply techniques required to successfully motivate your work team.
• Manage own personal effectiveness in the workplace through time management, planning and delegation
• Understand communication techniques and be able to apply these to ensure effective exchange of information.
• The essentials of efficient and effective meetings, both at day-to-day level, i.e. tool box talks into more structured
operational and project meetings.
• In overview, the legal responsibility supervisors have for health and safety and employment law.
• The role of industry specific collective agreements.